Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Of mice and men (Original)

How I thought about reading this book.

At first, I was looking for a book and later my friend came in. She asked me what I was doing and I told her that I was finding a book to read. Later she leaves and goes somewhere else. Two minutes later she come up with a book. She said that it was fun and interesting to read. I took it and read the title and asked myself if I wanted to read the book. The book looked really old and also looked really boring. The ink on the pages was fading away and you could hardly see the words now. It seemed out of my book league. Later I thought why not try to read this book. Now I just noticed that you can't judge a book by its cover. Even though it looks old and sort of out of your book ideal, just tries something new. This book made me feel like I just got over the barrier of the fear of reading the books I hate. Old fashion books even tell better theme and motif than modern books. I am glad that I took the book and read it. So, next time if I see a book that looks old and does not seem fun, I would try to read it and see if it is my type. Usually the books that are from the old age actually is harder to understand the motif and theme so it is good for people to read those kind of books. To read and learn your way the out.

2 comments:

SeJin said...

I agree that you can't judge book by its cover. However, I often forget about it. When I see an old dirty book cover or boring pictures on the cover, I just give it up without trying. But I realize that I had been mistaken after I read the book that has old cover. And those books were really fine and contained meaningful morals sometimes. For example, when I saw the novel called "A Raisin in the Sun," I felt is this the novel that my friends read with great impression, since the novel was written as a play and also had dirty cover. After I read it, I thought the written way or book cover does not affect the impression I get from the novel.

Anonymous said...

i can connect about how i found my book. My teacher showed "Maus" to me and i thought it would be for kids because it was a comic book. After i read it, it had a lot of meaning to me.